Thursday, November 6, 2008

Baja Buttered Chicken & Old Bay-tatoes

Baja Buttered Chicken

Moving right along...I mixed some softened butter with a half packet of McCormick's Baja Citrus Dry Marinade Then I took my chicken and gently lifted the skin from the meat and rubbed the seasoned butter under the skin and then on the remaining parts of the chicken. I then placed it in a roasting pan, covered it and baked it at 350* for 45 minutes. At this point I removed the lid and continued to bake it for 30 minutes longer until all juices ran clear and skin was golden. It was so moist and tender.

Old Bay-Tatotes
For an easy side dish I peeled and diced about 12 potatoes. After rinsing them I placed them into a shallow casserole dish and drizzled olive oil over them. Next I sprinkled Old Bay seasoning on top and tossed them to coat completely with the oil and seasoning. Placing the potatoes next to the chicken that was already in the oven, I baked the potatoes for 30 minutes, then lightly tossed them to prevent any sticking. Continue baking until potatoes are tender; about 1 hour 20 minutes total cooking time.

No comments: