Thursday, November 6, 2008

Smothered Pork Chops & Rice

Smothered Pork Chops & Rice

Season both sides of your pork chops with salt, pepper, and any other seasonings of your choice. We happen to like our food a little spicy so I am seasoning my meat with Weber's Grill Creations "Kick'n Chicken" spice.

In a large preheated skillet, saute pork chops until cooked through. Turning each piece as they cook. I usually cook them on medium heat.

As your chops are cooking go ahead and start cooking your rice (according to package directions.) The amount needed depends solely on how much you want. I am normally cook up about 2 cups of rice, that way I have extra left over for use in another meal. Don't forget to fluff your rice with a fork once it has cooked.

Once pork chops are completely cooked, add to the skillet a can of cream of mushroom soup. I am using cream of mushroom with roasted garlic just to add a little more flavor. However, any cream style soup will do. I have used Cream of chicken & cream of potato before as that was all I had on hand and it turned out just fine.

Next, fill the soup can with milk to about a 1/3 - 1/2 full. Swish the milk in the can slightly to get any remaining soup bits that might have been left in the can. Pour into skillet.

With you spoon or small whisk, stir mixture together to combine all ingredients as well as the cooking bit that are on the bottom of the pan from the chops.

Let simmer on low heat until completely heated through and sauce has thickened somewhat. Serve over hot, cooked rice.

No comments: