Thursday, November 6, 2008

SWISS CORN BAKE

SWISS CORN BAKE

shared with me by my friend Kathy D.

18 oz. pkg. frozen corn or 3 c. fresh corn * I used frozen corn
6 oz. can evaporated milk
1 egg, beaten
2 tbsp. chopped onion
½ tsp. salt
1 c. shredded Swiss cheese *I used crumbled Fontina cheese & 2 slices swiss cheese in the topping
½ c. soft bread crumbs * I used Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
1 tbsp. melted butter

Cook corn according to package directions; drain well.

Combine evaporated milk, egg, onion, salt, dash of pepper and crumbled Fontina cheese in a sauce pan. Heat until cheese is lightly melted.

Add corn to mixture and stir well.

Pour into a lightly greased casserole dish.

Combine bread crumbs, melted butter and torn Swiss cheese slices. Sprinkle over top of corn mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Serves 6

No comments: